Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Day 6: Meet *erinannie*

Erin McBride is one of the smartest women I know.  Web analytics?  No problem.  HTML?  Piece of cake.  She is the brain behind all of my online marketing and has some pretty ingenious ideas.  That's why we're both so rich!  This is a photo of Erin looking out the window of her private jet.  One of the coolest things about Erin is that she is an aspiring foster parent.  One of the weirdest things is that her cat likes to sit on her cell phone, hence she never hears my calls.  But that's beside the point, which is that Erin is a beautifully honest and persevering human being.  Here is how she has been effected by Nie's accident:


I wish I could start off this missive by telling you how I have known Mindy and Nie forever. But actually, I have only known Mindy a few months, and have known of Nie even less. If you would like to know the back story (that I believe was divinely guided) that brought me here, I invite you to read the story on my blog HERE.
I first came to know of Nie because of her accident. I had in my blog reading addictions run across the Nie Nie Dialogues before. But as a selfish and self-centered single woman, what I read was about a perfect mom, with a perfect husband, and perfect children, and even a perfect dog, just rubbing it in that I would never have those things.
So I ignored her blog. I liked my misery. I didn't need her sunshine and rainbows.
But then I heard about the plane crash.
I was just stunned to see the incredible amount of support from her blog readers and friends. And I wondered, if something like that were to happen to me, would anyone even notice I was gone? Would anyone rally the troops to come to my aid? Would anyone even care?
And why did so many people care about this blogger? What was so great about her anyway?
So I decided to learn more about Nie. I wanted to find out what made her so special.
I'll be honest. It didn't take me long to find out.
When I read her words without the colors of my tainted heart changing the story, I found a woman who didn't have a perfect life. She has a husband who leaves town. Her 2 year old runs around naked. She doesn't live in a perfect house in a perfect neighborhood. She misses her family in another state.
Maybe I could relate to her after all. At the very least, I could learn from her positive outlook on life.
There's a little something for everyone in Nie's writing. I suggest you check it out. And if you need another reason to get involved in the Nie Recovery Fund activities, I leave you with this question-
If it had been your sister in that plane crash, what would you do to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment