Friday, May 1, 2009

Fam Friday: Meet My Mother-In-Law!


Photo courtesy of Cami Lynne Photography

You might hate me by the end of this post.  So allow me to apologize in advance for all the bragging I'm about to do:  Forgive me, but I have the best mother-in-law in the world.  

Leslie Gledhill, mother to my husband, The Glediator, lives across the street from us.  I know what you're thinking.  You would never live across the street from your own mother let alone your mother-in-law.  God knows I don't deserve such a blessing, but for whatever reason, he has shown me mercy with the sweetest mother-in-law I could
 ask for.  

Not only is she sweet, she also has a sense of humor (don't be jealous!).  She is famous for her "fish face," her nick name "Lester," and is also known by her kids as "The Hunchback of Cherry Lane."  She's a good sport.  Her kids joke with her about her bunions.  For her recent birthday, we played a swell game of "Pin the Bunion on the Foot."  We were all in stitches.  



Leslie's yard boasts the most beautiful tulips every spring, her lawn always lush (but watch out for the Great Dane's land mines), and she even has chickens in the back yard (Hooray!  They're legal now!).  Walking into her home feels like you've walked into a magical gingerbread house deep in the woods.  There is always a fire when it's cold, yummy things to eat, quilts galore and cinnamon sticks boiling on the stove.  

One of my favorite memories with Leslie is of our girls' trip to NYC - roaming through the Flea Market and "Olde Good Things."  Things I will always love about her are how she makes every holiday so special, the books she reads to my boys, her chickens, her home-made grape juice, her strawberries and pumpkins, trips to Puerto Vallarta, her collectibles, her wanderlust and best of all: her son, The Glediator.  (The man treats his mother like a queen.)

I love you Lester!


2 comments:

  1. sigh..... Lester is the best of the best of the best. Her heart is made of 7 layer bars. And you can take that to the bank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your description of her home--so warm and inviting!

    ReplyDelete