Thursday, May 14, 2009

Garlic Bread Brulée


I am thinking about starting a cooking series on my blog because I am so awesome at it.  Today I ingeniously came up with a recipe called "Garlic Bread Brulée."  It is simple and so delish!  All you need to do is put a few pieces of left over garlic bread (preferably from take out) under the broiler and forget about them for thirty minutes.  At first, when you smell fire, you may panic momentarily while thinking, What on earth are the kids burning THIS time!?  About ten seconds later, you may utter a few colorful expressions as the garlic bread under the broiler comes to your remembrance.  Don't worry!  That's part of the process.  At this point, your bread should be good and ready to take out of the oven.  Don't forget those hot pads!  (You are a bit forgetful sometimes).  Allow to cool fifteen to twenty minutes.  When cool, enjoy the crunchy texture as you allow the ash to mellow on your tongue for a moment.  The smokey flavor is out of this world!  Bon appetit.

13 comments:

  1. Awesome. I am going to make this as a side dish for our dinner tonight and see how my family likes it! I'll get back to you on that...

    I also must say that I LOVE your shirt! Was it purchased locally?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Glediator bought me that shirt in Las Vegas. It was from the Lucky Brand store. Glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered that recipe many moons ago! It was one of the first that I played around with early in my marriage. :) It's one of my personal favorites still to this day. I have to say your presentation is much more elegant though- love the plate! I love your shirt too- your hunny has such good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you went to the same cooking school I did, huh? Yes, I often wondered why I don't start a class of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mindy, I wish I could cook like you. (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant hilarious. Very well written.

    My weird son prefers his garlic bread bruleed. I hate that he does. But I love him and I burn his bread and he loves me back.

    BTW, I think I have listened to "Feather in the Wind" about 50 times. Over and over again. Both me and my husband love it. Thanks for being so good. I can't sing to save my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Rookie Cookie. That was a fun comment to read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So awesome. I love what Megan said about attending the same cooking school she did.

    Glad that Rookie tweeted this URL. Loved this post. Pretty dang funny.

    Our dad (Rookie's and mine) loves burnt food. He has been known to sneak over to the oven timer and add a few minutes so that the cookies come out petrified to his liking.

    ReplyDelete