Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine


Have you had a hard day?  Are you feeling BLUE?  Would you rather eat worms than look at another pile of laundry?  Me too.  I say we take a seat, take a moment, and have a good laugh together.  Here are a few things that have made me laugh lately:

1.)  Thatcher stole a Squirmle from Walmart on Monday.  We returned it of course, but he wasn't happy about it.

2.)  Jackson told me that "poop chunks" was graffitied on the school playground.  I tried to keep a straight face, but we both started laughing uncontrollably.

3.)  Recently, Thatcher discovered the tampons in the bathroom cabinet and insisted on making crafts with them.  Again, he wasn't happy about my insisting that he didn't.

4.)  Jane Nielson brought a dead bee in a ziplock bag to our voice lesson this week.  "I collect bugs that look good after they're dead," she explained.

5.)  I went skateboarding with my kids over the weekend.  I felt super cool when I went off a little ramp without falling.  I tried it again, feeling like hot stuff and turfed it right on my derriere.  Every twelve-year-old boy in sight was staring at me like I was the dorkiest parent alive.

What funny stories might you have to share with me, my darlings?

12 comments:

  1. my husband found this blog last night...after scrolling through about 3 pages or so I was snickering pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this post.

    I laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Mindy - I am still giggling over "POOP CHUNKS". I will be laughing about that one all day!

    A friend reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me in high school and I just so happen to have blogged about it today. I don't know how to do the fancy one-word links in a comment, but you can click on my name and get to my blog from there if you want to read it.

    Now, pass me a worm... because I'm not touching the laundry today.

    (still giggling over POOP CHUNKS...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerb, just read the post. That was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized after reading your post today, that it has been awhile since I have had a good laugh. Shame on me! Your post was great! Loved your reader's suggestions too! So great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our best laugh lately was my boys deciding they would like to do an experiment. They wanted to see how many times they'd have to pee into a water bottle before it would fill to the top. Then they hid the bottle behind the toilet so Mom wouldn't find it. After I got over my initial iritation, it was pretty hilarious. But the clincher...is now that I know they have the control to pee in a tiny bottle - I expect no more missing the bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah, that was fun!!=) i have two girls right now. it sounds like a whole different world with multiple boys.=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. here's my funny stories
    rayasunshines.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have been skateboarding with my boys! I heard the "real" skaters down the street say that we were an insult to skateboarding. So I asked them to help us improve. Now I can ollie! haha

    ReplyDelete