Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ladies and Gents, We Have a Winner!

Hi there. I am back to normal today. I even sewed patches on my son's Cub Scout shirt and felt like the swellest mom on earth. Thank you for your understanding as well as your own personal stories about mental breakdowns, throwing pencils and punching holes in walls. But this post is not about mental breakdowns. It's about the fact that, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! I loved SO MANY of the entries and it was nearly impossible to pick just one. Congratulations to Carina Hoskisson, aka, AzĂșcar, who concocted this awesome pitch:



"Music that recalls the sweetness of Ingrid Michaelson and the quirk of Regina Spektor, Mindy Gledhill will leave you floating like a scoop of vanilla cream in a strawberry soda."




Other Favorites Include:

"Emotively carbonated." Jess Hammond

"
Playfully emotive, Mindy Gledhill will leave you in a breathless flutter." Krista Maurer

"Alison Sudol-flavored Pop Rocks." Jon

"Priscilla Ahn meets Leigh Nash at a sidewalk cafe." Jon

"Mindy Gledhill: Regina Spektor and Norah Jones transported to Alice's wonderland." Jenny

Funniest Entries Category:

"So, if Imogen Heap and Ingrid Michaelson could have a holy love child, and she looked a little like a young Faith Hill? Yeah, that's what Mindy Gledhill sounds like." Brooks Briggs

"Like sitting in front of a Wurlitzer 1015. Beautiful music, awesome bubbles, and gorgeous color changing lights." Ron

"Witty & oh so pretty, and doesn't sound like an old biddy! ;)" Anonymous

"Ingrid Michaelson's love meets Sarah McLachlan's dove." Jon

"Mindy Gledhill: a carbonated Sarah McLachlan." Jess Hammond

I love all of these comments so much that I want to marry them. In fact, please leave me a comment if you grant me permission to use them in any other possible write-ups I might need for the future.

And Amber, as for "ambrosia?" It is a cool word, but my mom use to wear this stinky perfume called "Ambrosia" and I'm afraid the association is permanent.

Thanks for all the stellar ideas!



5 comments:

  1. oh no...she ruined ambrosia. Sigh...
    the pitch you chose is PERFECT! and I love how you wrote it on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that azĂșcar is unstoppable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet, Jed, you bear the name of The Despot. I feel like we could be mortal enemies. Or doppelgangers. YOUR MOVE.

    ReplyDelete