Monday, January 25, 2010

Week 4, Day 22: Social Media for Musicians

Image by Dan Solo

so⋅cial: seeking or enjoying the companionship of others.

This is my word of the day. It all started out with a social gathering at my house this morning which was likewise spurred by a conversation about salami on the social media website, Twitter.

"Salami is delicious, in a disgusting sort of way," I posted.

Pretty soon, @haileyjs had commented, "Truly, salami does not get its fair shake. I love it. By itself."

Then before I know it, @Jet_Set chimes in, "I love salami. Let's have a party."

Back to me: "
I do secretly dream I have girlfriends. I fear @ times I'm too socially inept. Perhaps a salami log is what will cure me."

@Jet_Set: "Its what cured me."

And that is how I found myself in my living room this morning, having a delightful brunch with these fascinating women.

Social Media is powerful, whether for fun or for business or in my case, both. Week 4 is all about harnessing the power of social media. I thought I knew my basics, but I am learning all sorts of terms I wasn't familiar with before. I certainly know what blogs and podcasts are, but vlogs and vodcasts? How about "social bookmarking?" Come join me this week as I sort through it all and weave myself into an ever expanding web of social media connectedness.

1 comment: